How do we understand our business responsibility towards society?
The main obligation for the management of any company is to add to the economic value of the enterprise and increase the value of the resources entrusted to them by the shareholders.
Serinus Energy believes that a stable and long-term increase in corporate value is only possible with a simultaneous increase in the social value. The management of Serinus Energy intends to develop together with all who are impacted by our business activities giving special consideration to the welfare of local communities and natural surroundings.
- We realize that modern society is not able to function without oil, natural gas and its products. As the presently exploited deposits are depleted, exploration for new deposits is of crucial importance to the stability of the global economic system, as well as its further functioning and development.
- The management of Serinus Energy intends to undertake our exploration and development activities with deliberation and care being considerate of both the present and future quality of life in our areas of operation.
- Serinus Energy and its joint venture partners have involved local communities in the planning stages of its exploration operations. We fully respect the rights, dignity and customs of local communities, employees and their families.
- The ethics connected with running a business is extremely important to us and we have developed a Code of Conduct that applies to all of our employees.
- Serinus Energy tries to work safely while taking the steps necessary to minimize the impact of our business activity on the environment and restore its original conditions whenever possible.
We realize that oil and natural gas represent a diminishing resource and that irresponsible use of those resources may lead to local contamination, especially of the water and soil. We intend to promote the safe and rational management of natural resources both in our operations and in the communities in which we do business.